Monthly tuition is the cost of 46 lessons per year divided by 12 for equal monthly payments.
15 minutes ($26x46)/12= $99 $94 with 5% family discount
30 minutes ($52x46)/12= $198 $188 with 5% family discount
45 minutes ($78x46)/12= $297 $282 with 5% family discount
60 minutes ($104x46)/12= $396 $376 with 5% family discount
1. Tuition is the cost of 46 lessons per year divided by 12 for equal monthly payments. There are 6 weeks off: Holiday Break (last week of December, first week of January), Spring Break (last week of March), Summer Break (last week of June, first week of July), and Thanksgiving Break (week of Thanksgiving). THERE IS A ONE MONTH MINIMUM CHARGE PAYABLE PRIOR TO THE FIRST LESSON. If you are starting in the middle of a month, we will pro rate your second month to make the tuition payable the first week of the month. Otherwise you will be charged the fee monthly regardless of the number of lessons attended or number of weeks in the month. We offer a "family discount" of 5% off of tuition. This discount applies to multiple students within the same family. A ONE MONTH DROP NOTICE IS REQUIRED in order to discontinue services. You will be billed for services unless you email CAA (see "Contact" on this site). If tuition remains unpaid for 2 consecutive months we reserve the right to suspend the account until arrangements can be made.
2. A non-refundable registration fee of $65.00 per family is due upon enrollment. The registration fee is NOT an annual fee. This fee will not be billed again unless a family drops for any length of time and then re-registers at CAA.
3. Tuition is due and payable before the FIRST LESSON OF EACH MONTH. CAA will send you an invoice each month via email. Payment can be made online at www.CoronadoArtsAcademy.com (instructions in the invoice email).
4. After the first month, you may discontinue your lessons at the end of any month with proper notice by emailing us through our CONTACT form on the CAA website. Notice to drop must be confirmed by emailing CAA by the 15th of the month. You will continue to be enrolled through the end of the following month if notice is given after the 15th. Lack of attendance does not constitute a drop notice. You will be billed for any month during which you are enrolled.
5. LATE FEES are applied as follows:
$40.00 after the 15th, and an additional $20.00 if not paid in full by the end of the month. You may be removed from the schedule if tuition is more than one month overdue. A repeat registration fee may also be required to return the the program. CAA reserves the right to discontinue your lessons if tuition is not up to date. ANY ACCOUNTS SUBMITTED TO THE COLLECTION AGENCY WILL AUTOMATICALLY INCUR A 40% INCREASE TO COVER COLLECTION COSTS.
6. NO ADJUSTMENTS WILL BE MADE FOR CLASSES MISSED DURING THE MONTH. If the teacher cancels a class for any reason, a make-up class will be scheduled. Any classes missed due to illness or vacations by the student may be made up if notice was given BEFORE THE CLASS WAS MISSED. Unexcused absences, i.e. forgetfulness, bad weather or lack of planning will not be made up. Studio closures due to rain, earthquake, wildfire or other unexpected acts of Mother Nature will not be credited, though we will do our best to provide make-ups. No credit will be offered for student cancellations.
7. MEDIA RELEASE. Student or Parent/Guardian gives permission for Coronado Arts Academy and Ms. Mariah's Music to use images and videos of student(s) for business purposes, including social media, and waives any rights of compensation or ownership.
8. CALENDAR MODIFICATIONS. For all in-person lessons meeting at the high school there are a small number of days in the school year where the school is either closed or unavailable. On these days lessons will continue via Zoom. For a list of these days please DOWNLOAD THE CALENDAR and note the bordered days. If a student wishes to opt out of the virtual lesson on any of these bordered days tuition will not be refunded. We encourage all students to attend these virtual lessons as our teachers work very hard to prepare an online lesson that is both engaging and productive.
Tuition reserves your lesson day/time +
Lesson preparation and curriculum development
Your teacher’s training and experience
Continuing education and memberships: in order for us to be the best teachers possible, we make it a priority to stay current with the latest educational trends, methodologies, and developments. This may include seminars, podcasts, and fees for associations such as the Music Teachers Association of California (MTAC), the California Music Educators Association (CMEA), and the National Association for Music Educators (NAfME).
Communication with clients, teachers, vendors, and other administration and accounting work
Taxes and business insurance